Talencia is looking for a API & Back-End Developer as permanent employee for a customer active in the insurance sector.
- Location: Brussels
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: Asap
The role will be mostly focused on Application Connect transformation into an API-driven platform, hence the reporting line to manager in the API Squad; however, the role won’t be limited to the Connectivity tribes, since APIs and API management will be pervasive across all customer products. The developer will also, as such, collaborate on features for the CRM tribes.
- You will design & developer the APIs for accessing messaging functionalities between insurance companies and brokers, on cloud technologies (Azure blob storage, azure storage queues, serverless functions, K8S, …);
- You will design & develop the translation and validation APIs between the different versions of standards (Edifact, XML, Json);
- You will assist in design and development of a common API layer to access tariffication APIs at companies, create a layer for specific implementations by participating companies, including the security layer (OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML…);
- You will help and advice for an API to encapsulate the existing App middle-tier transactions (e.g. GraphQL).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with API and backend as architect, or 4 years with API and backend as developer
- You communicate easily, inside and outside the team
- You have the analytical skills to understand a complex, existing ecosystem, to pinpoint improvement areas relevant for a to-be context
- You are motivated by Agile methodology. And hands-on experience with the related concepts
- Self-directed and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity in the pursuit of an overall goal
- Based in Brussels, you can work well within both a virtual team: people across multiple regions of Belgium or Europe
- Language – Native NL or FR, and comprehension of the other language + fluent in EN
- Nice to have : Skills with API Mgt platforms, micro-services & GraphQL concepts.