TalenCia is looking for a Radio Access Network to reinforce the Coverage & Performance of all applications and services that will be offered by the future radio network.
Start date: ASAP
As a Radio Access Network Expert:
- You will be part of a team of Radio Access Network specialists.
- You will be responsible for providing support and expertise for the deployment and optimization of a 4G/5G access network infrastructure.
- You will lead all RAN design activities and act as the primary interface with the Next Generation Communication team ;
- You will manage all aspects of high level RAN and low level design for all 4G and 5G RAN technologies, including radio hardware, software, parameters and feature introduction.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Deliver the best “mission critical” 4G/5G network in accordance with strategic guidelines, utilizing your cellular planning, site selection and outdoor and indoor site design skills from both a coverage and capacity perspective.
- Perform end-to-end cellular planning activities from site search area creation to integration and commissioning, aerial planning and definition as well as e-NodeB parameters.
- Provide and maintain a national coverage and capacity plan consistent with the strategy, acting as the primary point of contact with the Next Generation Communication cell.
- Ensure all site configuration related tools and project tracking databases are kept up to date; make recommendations for improvement to ensure data integrity.
- Manage and maintain the RF planning tool, supporting all radio planning activities and provide coverage and capacity reports related to the deployment program.
- Update the configuration of the radio planning tool for the addition of new radio equipment.
- Update site, e-NodeB and individual cell data in the RF planning tool from various data sources, generate reports and ensure a high degree of data accuracy.
- Support the Coverage & Performance planning team and provide guidance on how to define the necessary data in the radio planning tool.
- Work closely with the Operational Efficiency team and the Service Centre to resolve 4G/5G network coverage and capacity issues.
- Work closely with internal (Next Gen Communication) and external stakeholders to define 4G/5G network deployment objectives and methodologies as part of the rollout and validation of 4G/5G MOCN services.
- Synthesize and communicate relevant 4G/5G network deployment information to stakeholders using graphical visualizations and/or other appropriate methods.
- Guide and train other engineers on the team on 4G/5G topics.
- Master’s degree in electronics with a focus on telecommunications.
- 5+ years of professional experience in LTE Radio Access systems and RF engineering.
- Strong technical knowledge of wireless technologies, especially LTE/VoLTE and 5G (capacity, coverage, signaling, voice…).
- Expert level understanding of 4G/5G planning (acquisition, construction, radiation standards…) and parameterization of various RAN elements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present ideas, both technical and non-technical to audiences of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills in previous work experience. Experience with a wireless infrastructure provider and/or carrier is desired.
- Autonomous in taking initiative and organizing work; customer and results oriented; good priority management.
- Team player and ability to manage projects with internal and external partners.
- Good knowledge of English, Dutch and French, both spoken and written.
- Possess a valid driving license.
Offer from our client
- Permanent position;
- Attractive salary with a full salary package;
- 32 days’ vacation per year;
- Good work/life balance.